Welcome to Franco’s All Star Baseball Camp Website!
“Our 21st Season!”
Special Enrollment Price For Four Weeks!
Franco’s 2014 All-Star Baseball Camp Inc.
Boys and Girls Ages 6-13
Mid-Island Baseball Complex
Staten Island, NY
Intersection of Victory Blvd. and Travis Ave.
- Week 1 – July 14 to July 18
- Week 2 – July 21 to July 25
- Week 3 – July 28 to August 1
- Week 4 – August 4 to August 8
All sessions run Mon-Fri.
Camp hours are 8:45am to 3:15pm every day.
At Franco’s All-Star Baseball Camp, Inc. we strive to educate each camper through safe, challenging and fun situations designed so that the player will stretch his or her limits and at the same time meet with success. We believe in systematic, quality instruction. Each player, regardless of ability or past experience is encouraged to realize his or her individual potential and is treated as an equal and valuable component of the camp. While we hope to encourage a sense of drive and determination, we want to avoid the stress of intense competition and to help each player at Franco’s All-Star Baseball Camp, Inc. to feel like a winner!
Franco’s All Star Baseball Camp was the creation of N.Y. Met great John Franco. Throughout its 21 years, the camp has taught the great game of baseball to over 6,800 kids—and will continue to teach future generations for years to come!
Beginning their 21st season, Coach Bobby Nappo and former veteran sandlot Coach Jim Franco enter their 10th season at the beautiful Mid-Island Little League complex.
Coach Nappo achieved a major milestone in his illustrious coaching career by winning his 650th career game in April of 2013. Coach Nappo has been a four-time selection as P.S.A.L. Coach of the Year and has been involved in programs in Japan, Hong Kong, China, and Italy.
With over 18 seasons coaching the ranks of the sandlots (including Division Titles in three separate age groups), Franco has settled in as Head of Baseball Administration for the camp.
Both Franco and Nappo were integral parts of baseball camps run by former major leaguers Jose Rijo and Chris Sabo of the Cincinnati Reds.
- Each camper receives a certificate upon graduation.
- Evaluation sheets are given showing each camper’s progress.
- Each camper receives a different gift each week.
- Each camper receives an official Franco’s camp hat and t-shirt.
Each of the following events are awarded to every contest winner in each age group:
- FLEETFOOT—fastest runner.
- THROWING ACCURACY—most accurate arm.
- GOLDEN ARM—fastest speed measured by our Jugs ray-gun.
- HOMERUN DERBY—hit’em out more than others—you win!
- CAMPER OF THE WEEK—given to one outstanding individual from each age group.
- Each camper will be individually videotaped while hitting and reviewed by our hitting instructor.
- Used to measure throwing speed.
- Each camper receives individual instruction TWICE A DAY at the position of their choice.
- Awarded to one lucky camper that has displayed good sportsmanship, hard work and has shown the most improvement throughout the week! This award is good for a free week at next year’s camp!
- All campers are responsible for bringing their own lunch and beverages OR may purchase lunch at the on-premises concession stand. All lunches brought from home are kept refrigerated.
- Multiple water stations are provided throughout the camp area.
- Campers should bring their own gloves, rubber cleats, sneakers, and an athletic supporter. Their names should be written on each piece of equipment, hat, t-shirt, and lunch box/bag. THE CAMP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST ITEMS.
- Some coaches and counselors are of the high school and collegiate level. Some are former professional players, and are experts in instruction. Our staff is comprised mostly of N.Y.C. licensed teachers and coaches who are experts in instructing the game of baseball.
- Most coaches are certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED. We are a fully insured baseball camp.
Belt Pkwy. to VZ Bridge. S.I. Expressway to Victory Blvd. (Exit 10). Turn left at the first light onto Victory Blvd. Proceed approx. 1 mile to Mid-Island LL. Fields are on the right at the intersection of Victory Blvd. and Travis Ave.
From New Jersey (via Goethals Bridge):
Merge onto I-278 East towards Goethals Bridge. Merge onto Pearl Harbor Memorial Expressway / NY-440 South via Exit 5. Take Exit 8 towards South Ave. Turn left onto Chelsea Road. Turn left onto South Ave. Turn right onto Travis Ave. and continue to Victory Blvd.
From New Jersey (via Outerbridge Crossing):
Merge onto NJ-440 N towards S.I. Merge onto Pearl Harbor Memorial Expressway / NY-440 N towards I-278/SI Expressway. Take the South Ave. exit (Exit 8). Turn right onto South Ave. Turn Right onto Travis Ave. and continue to Victory Blvd.